Friday, August 29, 2014

1992 BMW 525iT Silver/Blue (Basketcase)

Yes, I know I said that most of the finds I am going to post are not going to be so local to me, but this is too good for me not to share. I wish I had the extra space for a project build. A rather not-so-common Silver E34 touring with Blue vinyl interior - or the so called Value package. I know what you are thinking, it is a little bit rough around the edges, but you gotta see the potential.

The seller has done some decent work on it. A quick run to the pick-n-pull should get you all set. You might even be lucky and find a whole silver bumper at the JY.

Couple of things to check - is the sunroof actually working, what suspension is in the rear (SLS or not), and don't haggle too much on the price, someone will snatch it under you. Here is a little secret for you - it's not green... as in oxford green.

Oh, and please if you are going to buy this car - tell the owner it's not a V6!

And while you are pondering on the idea tonight, should I buy this E34 - just think of the engine swaps you can do and how nicely you can modify this gem.

Now to the long weekend!

image 1

image 3

image 4

image 6

I am suddenly acquiring a new car from a family member and unfortunately must sell my beloved BMW station wagon to make up for the cost of the repairs I just had on it.I have owned this car for almost three years and it has been great for me. I love the sound of the V6 engine and the car is very open and spacious for moving large items or many items. There is also a nice sunroof.I haven't had many issues with the car besides having to replace the AC compressor and ignition switch soon after I received the car. This past week I replaced the belts, power steering pump, radiator hose, had a fuse fixed that goes to the rear lights, and had it inspected for $1300. I also had an oil change within the past few months. Three of the tires are brand new (within last month at Discount Tire) and the other tire's tread is still fine.My car also has a brand new stereo with AUX and USB ports. The interior is in pretty good condition and there is only one minor tear in the leather (on the driver's seat). *Note: The compartment that isn't shut all the way in the photo does shut, I just didn't have the jack and other tire accessories in there properly when I snapped the photos today. 
Issues:-I hit a pole with the front end while backing out of a parking garage so there is some damage due to that (picture attached). -Someone stole the BMW emblems off 3 of my rims. These can be found online for about $7 a piece-The speedometer hasn't worked since the original owner had it (my uncle purchased the car from its original owner in Chicago). The other gauges work just fine.
I am going to remove the stickers and clean the car up some more. I need to secure the back of the drivers seat paneling as well as a little leather panel on the drivers side door but that will be fixed by the time you purchase the car.
Please do not hesitate to e-mail me with any questions you might have. I'm very fast with responding.
Keywords: BMW, station wagon, wagon, bimmer, 525i

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/4642061769.html

No comments:

Post a Comment